Thursday, December 1, 2011

Southern Style: Cold & Creamy Banana Pudding!

Okay guys, confession time. I am officially addicted to vanilla wafers. I've always loved them as a kid, but upon discovering this new recipe...I think I had to come out and admit it. Now I didn't actually take this picture...I got this one off the internet when seeing different variations of the recipe. I don't think I could capture a glamorous photo of the pudding before I devoured it anyway! But if you follow the directions, and buy a snazzy bowl like the one in the photo, yours should hopefully look similar!

Ingredients:
-1 (14 ounce) can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. (I was wondering, could you try it with just nonfat if you wanted a slightly healthier version? could that work?)
-1 1/2 cups cold water
-1 (3.5 ounce) package instant pudding & pie filling
-2 cups (one pint) whipped cream. (just copying down the variation of the recipe, try finding a low in fat, or completely nonfat whipped cream for a healthier option)
-36 vanilla wafers
- 3 medium sized bananas sliced, and dipped in lemon juice to keep freshness.


Directions: 
In a large mixing bowl, combine milk & water. Add pudding mix, and then beat until well blended. Let it chill for 5 minutes in the fridge, and then fold in whipped topping. (do so slowly, and as few times as possible, to keep the thickness.) spoon 1 cup pudding mix into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl. (ahem..the snazzy one:) top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Garnish as desired! 
chill thoroughly, and refrigerate leftovers. 


Hope you love it..more to come!
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment