Monday, December 12, 2011

Cranberry Orange Bread!

Hey everyone, I was in desperate need of a break from studying for my midterms, so I decided to share this incredible recipe I discovered on Pinterest! (If you didn't read my last post or two, I'm pretty much obsessed.) Anyways, this bread actually has health benefits because I used Chobani yogurt in it! I have a pancake recipe that I posted a lot earlier also using Chobani. So go check it out, those are delicious :)
so without further ado, here ya go!


Ingredients:
-2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) chobani plain yogurt (the recipe calls for the 2% yogurt, but I used just nonfat and it tasted delicious)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of orange juice (also add some orange zest, 1 t)
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts lightly toasted & chopped coarsely. (nuts are optional, as well as what kind. Im telling you what I used in the recipe so the nutritional facts line up :)


Directions:
preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients- set aside. 
In a large bowl, mix together chobani & sugar. Then add the egg and combine. Stir in orange juice, and once that is done, combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture. carefully fold in orange zest, cranberries, and optional nuts. Then pour in the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully insert pan to remove & finish cooling on the rack. 
*wrap in plastic foil after done indulging, and its SO delicious the next day!*


Nutritional information:
calories: 160
fat: 3.5g
sodium: 230g
carb: 31g
sugar: 15g
protein: 5g


Hope you enjoy everyone! let me know if you want me to post more desserts that have healthier benefits, while still tasting delish. I love searching for them:) Wish me luck on my midterms, I have English and Chemistry tomorrow.
look out for more posts to come~
Rachel

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment