Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sweet Potato Biscuits!

Good morning everyone!
Last night I saw the recent movie New Years Eve with some friends. And I can honestly say it was one of the best movies i've seen in a long time! I loved it, and didn't mind seeing Josh Duhamel in a tux the whole time :) But anyways, back to the biscuits. I wanted to post a recipe that wasn't necessarily a dessert. (But obviously I still chose something with the word 'sweet' in it) I love sweet potatoes, and when I discovered the recipe from the Paula Deen herself, I knew I had to try it out. They are fluffy and delicious, and I passed the recipe off to my mom, who will be making these with Christmas dinner! So here you go:


Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter softened
- 2-4 tbsp milk (amount depends on how moist the potatoes are already)
Directions:
1.To cook sweet potatoes, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender (20-25 minutes) Drain & mash. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, and butter. Add flour mix to the butter mix, and combine to make soft dough. And milk in, a tbsp at a time to the mixture, and continue to cut in. Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead very gently until dough comes together. (about 5-6 times) Shape into a disk, and pat to an even 1 inch thickness. With a floured 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits & place on the prepared sheet. Brush the tops with melted butter. (optional)
Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden! 
Hope you love this recipe guys, super delish! Let me know what you think in the comments below :) Look out for another post today! And subscribe by email or follow me for updated posts.
Christmas countdown...8 days!!!
Thankful for all you readers~
Rachel



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment