Thursday, December 15, 2011

Eggnog Spice Muffins!

Hey Readers, 
I just want to let out a celebratory shout and proclaim: I AM DONE WITH MIDTERMS!!!
sorry, just had to get that one out of my system. So, to celebrate a 3 week holiday of pure relaxation and holiday cheer, I decided to bake. Because I love to bake. A lot. So here is to eggnog everyone, a delicious drink that makes you think of Christmas. And muffins are just delicious as well, so that just makes everything better. And along with this recipe I will be posting nutritional info, just so people who want to stay on track, know what they're putting in their system.
*disclaimer* I don't do this for every recipe, because I don't believe in worrying about calories. Your body knows what its doing, and it is always best to feed those cravings. The less we deny them, the more we want them! But at least for a muffin, these are pretty healthy!
Here's the recipe :)

Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/ 2 cup splenda sugar blend (or just 1 cup sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (I REALLY want to try this muffin recipe out using cinnamon instead, anyone have the guts to try it before I do and see how it tastes? Let me know!)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup light butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Nutmeg topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 8 tsp splenda sugar blend (or 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp light butter


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 muffin tins, or line with paper bake cups & set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggnog, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add the egg mix to the flour mix, and stir until just moistened. (Batter should be lumpy) Then spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Fill each until a little over 2/3 full. sprinkle nutmeg mixture over the top of batter in the cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden. Also, test to see if a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool on wire racks for 5 minutes, and then remove from the cups. Serve & enjoy :)


nutrition info:
servings: 24 muffins
serving size: 1 muffin
calories: 240
fat: 4g
carb: 33g
fiber: 1g
protein: 5g
sodium:132
old points: 5.3
points+: 6


*disclaimer #2* I got the photo of of pinterest.com, because me and my friends devoured these before I could snap a decent photo! But the recipe originates from eat-yourself-skinny.com :)
Have an awesome thursday evening ya'll, another post coming soon!
Rachel

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Everythign looks divine Rachel. THanks for the comment this morning. Glad you found those white chocolate pumpkin cupd because they are soooooo easy and one of the best thing I've ever had. Seriosuly!!!! ANyhow, I also saw you were ona goal to loose some weight. I jyst lost 110 pounds. Not sur eif you saw that but love it if touchecked it out. you can find the link in my "about me" secyion or there is abutton the left side. SO nicemeeting you. Love other foodies:)


    oxoxooo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanna, so happy you saw my comment! Cant wait to make those. But I'm so sorry I made it seem like i was the one on the weightloss journey! I have recently become more fit & toned, but I am by no means overweight at all. If anything I need to eat some more..(hence looking at delicious recipes all the time :) But Im posting encouraging tips for people trying to get healthy themselves. & CONGRATS on 110 llbs! WOW! now thats something to be proud of :) glad you like my muffins!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete