sorry, just had to get that one out of my system. So, to celebrate a 3 week holiday of pure relaxation and holiday cheer, I decided to bake. Because I love to bake. A lot. So here is to eggnog everyone, a delicious drink that makes you think of Christmas. And muffins are just delicious as well, so that just makes everything better. And along with this recipe I will be posting nutritional info, just so people who want to stay on track, know what they're putting in their system.
*disclaimer* I don't do this for every recipe, because I don't believe in worrying about calories. Your body knows what its doing, and it is always best to feed those cravings. The less we deny them, the more we want them! But at least for a muffin, these are pretty healthy!
Here's the recipe :)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/ 2 cup splenda sugar blend (or just 1 cup sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (I REALLY want to try this muffin recipe out using cinnamon instead, anyone have the guts to try it before I do and see how it tastes? Let me know!)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup light butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Nutmeg topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 8 tsp splenda sugar blend (or 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp light butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 muffin tins, or line with paper bake cups & set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggnog, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add the egg mix to the flour mix, and stir until just moistened. (Batter should be lumpy) Then spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Fill each until a little over 2/3 full. sprinkle nutmeg mixture over the top of batter in the cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden. Also, test to see if a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool on wire racks for 5 minutes, and then remove from the cups. Serve & enjoy :)
servings: 24 muffins
serving size: 1 muffin
old points: 5.3
*disclaimer #2* I got the photo of of pinterest.com, because me and my friends devoured these before I could snap a decent photo! But the recipe originates from eat-yourself-skinny.com :)
Have an awesome thursday evening ya'll, another post coming soon!