-2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (for an even sweeter taste? add more hehe)
- 1 1/4 cups milk. (for little to nonfat for the overall outcome I used nonfat milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla (or almond extract)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts or pecans are optional
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a greased 13x9 baking dish.
-In a bowl, mix flour, white sugar, milk, vanilla (or almond extract), baking powder, pinch of salt, and the egg until just combined. (Don't over mix it!)
-pour into the prepared baking pan
- generously spread brown sugar & cinnamon on the top
- if desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over the top also
- drizzle the melted butter
- & bake for about 30 minutes!
serving size: 1 (116g)
servings per recipe: 10
total fat: 5g
There you go readers, I hope me posting this today gives you some time if you want to make it for a family dinner! Compared to most "sinful" cinnamon rolls/cakes/cupcakes out there, this one isn't so bad for you. So I like to call it my sinless or guilt-free cinnamon roll :) Hope you all are having a fantastic holiday season so far, and I hope today and tomorrow is filled with laughter, love and pure family! I'll be posting again soon!