Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cinnamon Coffee Cake!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE READERS!
I am SO sorry I haven't written a new post in a few days. Holidays mean crazy busy and my mom has been baking up a storm. (and of course I wanted to help!) But can you believe its Christmas Eve 2011 already? Wow how time flies. I can still vividly remember December 26th last year, which in my opinion is the saddest day of the year, and thinking "364 days is SO long..." But now its practically here! And I still have a lot left to do. But I had time this morning and wanted to share with you all a recipe that I will be specially making for Christmas dinner tomorrow night :) Lately I've been on a huge cinnamon kick, and truly been appreciating how delicious it is. And what better than to put it with cake :) so here you go!
Ingredients:
-2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (for an even sweeter taste? add more hehe)
- 1 1/4 cups milk. (for little to nonfat for the overall outcome I used nonfat milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla (or almond extract)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts or pecans are optional
Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a greased 13x9 baking dish.
-In a bowl, mix flour, white sugar, milk, vanilla (or almond extract), baking powder, pinch of salt, and the egg until just combined. (Don't over mix it!)
-pour into the prepared baking pan
- generously spread brown sugar & cinnamon on the top
- if desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over the top also
- drizzle the melted butter
- & bake for about 30 minutes!
Nutrition:
serving size: 1 (116g)
servings per recipe: 10
calories: 291
total fat: 5g
sodium: 183
carb: 46g
protein: 4g
There you go readers, I hope me posting this today gives you some time if you want to make it for a family dinner! Compared to most "sinful" cinnamon rolls/cakes/cupcakes out there, this one isn't so bad for you. So I like to call it my sinless or guilt-free cinnamon roll :) Hope you all are having a fantastic holiday season so far, and I hope today and tomorrow is filled with laughter, love and pure family! I'll be posting again soon!
Rachel       Have a Merry Merry Christmas, and enjoy the last bit of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment