Friday, January 13, 2012

Low-fat Banana Nut Pancakes!

My dear readers, it has been far too long. 
So I am going to start out with a sincere apology about dropping off the face of the earth for awhile. Holidays were hectic, school resumed its course, and softball tryouts have dominated my week! So there are my excuses. But I will always find time to return to my trusty blog, and will try with everything I have to not leave about a months gap in between posts :) So what better to post than a healthy version of a delicious recipe? I love banana bread. And now I can mix it healthily in with a breakfast food?! Gasp, be still my beating heart. So yes ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a low fat banana nut pancake. Ingredients & Directions are below....and lets just say you can thank me later. (nutritional info will also be added at the very bottom!)

Ingredients:
-1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large banana, ripe & mashed
- 1 cup 1% milk (I used nonfat)
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- Don't forget Pam cooking spray for the pan/skillet!


Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then combine milk, egg white, oil, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a bowl and mix until smooth. Combine wet ingredients with the dry, and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Careful not to over mix!
-Heat a large skillet (or whatever you like to use) on medium heat. Spray pam lightly to coat the skillet and then pour 1/4 cup pancake batter. When they start to bubble and edges set, thats your sign to flip those babies! Repeat with the remaining batter.


Nutritional Information:
Servings: 6
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Old points: 3 pts
Points +: 4 pts
Calories: 145.7
Fat: 4.0g
Protein: 7
Carbs: 22
Fiber: 3.1


Nutritional Info without nuts:
Servings: 6
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Old points: 2 pts
Points +: 3 pts
Calories: 129
Fat: 2.4
Protein: 6.3
Carb: 22
Fiber: 3


Hope you all had a fabulous week, and enjoy this weekend! More to come...thankful for all of you!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment