Sunday, November 27, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies!

As a little girl growing up, I was never a huge fan of chocolate. I know what you're thinking..(are you even a girl?!) Im not too fantastic at anatomy, but I can guarantee that I am! But it has grown on me as the years go by, and I came across this blog, (I believe it is called Chocolate Covered Katie) who showed me this recipe. And best of all, this recipe is extremely health conscious. Can I get an Amen?
So without further ado, here is the recipe to creating these delicious blondies:

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cup chickpeas ..drained and rinsed (or you could sub any white bean for these)
-3 T nut butter
-3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 table salt 
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 ground flax (or flour :)
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all the ingredients until smooth, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil lined) 8x8 pan. bake for 35-40 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little under cooked when you take them out, because they will firm up as they cool. 


nutrition info: I got this info from Katie's blog, so I'm taking her word for it! It does sound accurate. 
for 3 blondies:
calories: 74
fat: 2g
sugar: 6g
protein: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment