Sunday, December 11, 2011

Orange French Toast!

Favorite Breakfast? Definitely. So I was looking at different recipes for french toast, and I came across this cute little photo on Pinterest.com. Please go check this website out, I admit I am mildly obsessed! They are known for all these creative recipes, and you just click on the photo, and it leads you to the blog/website/tumblr where the recipe is! I know, mind blown. But anyways, the font is a tad small on this adorable photo, so i'll post it below :)


1. mix half a glass of soy milk & half a glass of orange juice
2. mix in 2 spoonfuls of powdered sugar, and 1 spoonful of cinnamon
3. melt a spoonful of margarine in a pan. (I used I can't believe its not butter instead)
4. slice any bread you prefer, and dip both in juice mixture
5. cook in pan until nice and brown
6. serve with your favorite syrup & some powdered sugar.
*healthy tip* if you pour some syrup into a side bowl instead of drowning your toast in it, you will save yourself so many calories and sugar! Just get a piece of toast on your fork & just dip it in. Syrup sinks into the bread when you pour it on, so you can end up getting tons of sugar and calories you don't need.
I used whole wheat bread also, and I felt awesome about enjoying a savoring breakfast, knowing I was putting healthier options into my body at the same time! Hope you enjoy this, perfect breakfast treat:)
Rachel 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment